Does my property have Cavity walls?
Cavity walls weren’t generally used in buildings until the early 1930s, so knowing the age of your home is the first useful step in figuring out if you have them. If your home was built after 1930 then it’s highly likely you have cavity walls.
Another useful trick is to look at the pattern of your house bricks. A regular pattern of bricks – where all the bricks are laid on the long side – usually means you have cavity walls.
But please don’t worry about checking your walls before getting in touch with us. We’ll assess your property thoroughly to see if you have cavity walls or cavity wall insulation when we come to see you.
Is cavity wall insulation messy to install?
No, cavity wall insulation is straight forward and mess free when done by a professional. We can install cavity wall insulation in no more than half a day. Our specialist engineers drill 2cm holes in to the outer wall, then inject your wall with cavity wall insulation. Once the cavity is full, the holes are nicely filled in to match the existing wall.
Our work is covered by the ‘Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency’ (CIGA), which is valid for 25 years.
We use Energy store Superbead EPS Bonded Bead, a superior product.
Benefits of Blown Bead
- Outstanding durability – blown beads are rot proof, water resistant and sufficiently stable to remain effective as an insulation for the life of the building.
- No settlement – as the blown beads are coated with an air drying bonding agent during installation. There is no possibility of settlement occurring. The insulation remains in place for the life of the building ensuring that it is not possible to create gaps at the top of the property.
- A consistent density of insulation.
- Constant thermal projection throughout the installed area.
- No wastage – the beads flow unrestricted, totally filling the cavity, forming a homogeneous heat saving mass.
- A straightforward installation process that is time efficient and has a low H&S liability.
What is the environmental Impact of Superbead?
Sustainable Homes independently assessed the environmental impact of Energystore Superbead in a first of it’s kind life cycle assessment. Superbead was found to have the lowest Global Warming Potential per equivalent unit of insulation of any insulation product available in the UK. Superbead will last for the life of the building and has a carbon payback of only 5 months.